The weekend after next I will be attending BlogOn Conference in Manchester and I have to say I'm not particularly nervous - but knowing a lot of people, helping get the goodie bags packed and this being my 4th (?) BlogOn all helps! Zoe over at MamaGeek will be delivering a session, and she has also very kindly offered to host a 'get to know you' linky. So this is me:
1. Share a recent photo of you (or a doodle!)
Here's one my 8 year old took at Specsavers last week. A rare shot of me with my eyes open!
2. Describe yourself in five words or less
Smiley, friendly, perfectionist, tragic backstory.
3. How long have you been blogging, and why did you start?
I'm very old and very opinionated, so probably since before half of the attendees were in school. I started The Brick Castle because I was reviewing toys and had nowhere to put my reviews.
4. What are you hoping to get out of Blog On?
5. Name a few of your favourite blogs.
I'll reciprocate MamaGeek, plus YummyMummyFlabbyTummy, Mum In The Madhouse and MyMummyspennies I have read since before I started my blog. I still read them now, so it must say something.
6. What’s your favourite social media platform(s)… and what’s your username?
I do like Facebook, but I love Instagram for it's sheer snappiness. I'm @thebrickcastle everywhere.
7. Share a fact about you no-one would guess.
I have qualifications in Aromatherapy Massage - a surprise more to those who know me, as I have an almost non-existent sense of smell.
8. What’s your favourite bit of tech?
Boringly my phone. I don't have a camera, my phone is my contact, social media, emails and memories.
9. If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings?
Pay off any debts/overdraft and immediately take the kids on a fantastic holiday where I didn't have to do any cooking/cleaning etc. We haven't been able to get away this year and we all desperately need a break really.
10. If you could host a talk show, who would be your first guest?
Michael Rosen. He's been my hero for a while, but especially since I read his Sad Book. The book is the truest children's bereavement book you will ever see. I think he must understand me. He also gets my views on education and politics.
11. Share a funny (or favourite) memory from your life.
I really had to think about this one! I do love the whole debacle of the Sharks vs Boy, always brings a smile.
12. What is your favourite book (or film if you’re not a big reader) and why?
I have many, but I adore Catch 22, A Christmas Carol and The Sad Book. Because it's true, because we should all grab life and live it like we got a second chance, and as above.
13. What picture is on your phone/tablet lock screen?
My 2 youngest kids watching the rain.
14. If you had an hour of time all to yourself, how would you spend it?
Sleeping. I never ever get enough. Most nights I get around 5-6 hours.
15. What’s the best bit of advice you’ve ever been given?
Or maybe it was from Dory in Finding Nemo. "Just Keep Swimming".
If you are going to Blog On and want to join in the linky, or just find out random information about the other people who are going, you can find Zoe's Blog On MSI 2016 Linky here...