We've had a fairly rubbishy Summer. My partner developed Meningitis in July and is still recovering, and 6 weeks after he first became ill I broke my leg. It's all been a bit unfortunate.
On 13th September (3 weeks after my accident) I was finally told my leg was broken, and 3 days later I was put into a leg brace. On 26th September when my break was healing nicely I was told I needed an MRI as my hugely swollen knee clearly had another issue.
I had to wait until 6th November for my MRI as none of my local hospitals have the equipment, and then another 3 weeks until I was given my results. All the time swollen and in pain and with a leg brace that had stretched beyond being any use some weeks ago.
I've got a tear to my Meniscus - the cushiony pad between the top and bottom bones, and if it's going to heal itself then it does so usually within 6 weeks. At 14 weeks we're clearly well past that point.
So the wait for the surgery began. After waiting 8 weeks to have an MRI and get the results I wasn't exactly holding my breath, but today I got a call and my operation would be March, but they have a cancellation on 18th December. As I can't drive without really suffering afterwards, I can't walk far, I'm not sleeping very well and I'm in pain pretty much all of the time I don't care that it's so close to Christmas. In fact, I'm hopeful that I might even be able to sit on the floor and join my children playing with their toys for the first time since August.
I just have the pre-op to pass....fingers well and truly crossed! Bring it on...